Monday 31 March 2014

An early start for the beginning of the week ......

Hi everyone,

Happy Monday ...... it is Monday isn't it? ...... yes. 
I'm home (again!) from yet another busy weekend ..... and what a lonnnnng day it's been!  I've been up since 4am (early flight to catch) so you can imagine .... I'm not firing on all cylinders shall we say!  What with little sleep on Sunday night, and losing the hour on Satuday (clocks going forward) I'm thinking an early night is definitely on the cards for tonight.   Don't know how hubby is feeling ..... he went to work as usual this morning (ZZzzzz!)

It's been worth it though, we've all had a fab weekend across in the UK.  Lauren and the little man caught up with friends and 'Uncle Chris'.  Hubby spent time with his buddies too, and I got to carry on right where we left off a couple of weeks ago, with my crafty ladies. 
Port Sunlight was fun as always ..... meeting up with old friends, and new ..... and great retail therapy too (not to mention the cake!!) 
Ooops ...... how did I end up with this little lot ......


I also met a couple of teamies from the Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge DT ..... Elizabeth and Shirley ..... which was really nice, and of course Nikki was there too demonstrating on the IndigoBlu stand.

It's a fab little show, and the place itself is beautiful.  If you've never been you should make the effort and visit the next one.   I believe it's Saturday October 4th (same weekend as the GNPE in Harrogate .......) Keep an eye on the website for details of when the tickets go on sale.

The rest of the weekend was spent with family ...... Mother's Day meal out and then over to see my big brother.
It's always nice to get home though ....... and open the old craft room door again.   It's the last day of the month and I've still a few bits and bobs to do ..... if I can stay awake long enough that is!

First job on the list was my  March tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2014

Here's the Master's inspiration piece ...... or should I say pieces ...... two for the price of one this month!


How pretty are these? ..... love this new stamp set.

This month it was all about 'smudge stamping' and using first and second generation stamps to create two versions of the tag   
Here's my two ......


The design and layout are the same ..... I've just changed the colours a little.  I used more blue shades with a touch of Peacock Feathers.  And then added in a hint of pink at the end .... a bit more feminine



Mine are not that 'smudged' either ..... couldn't quite get it right, but I'll keep trying

I don't have the Distress Marker Spritzer (yet!) or the Lattice stencil so I just went with brushing the ink through the Harlequinn design instead  ......


And I added a couple of little resin birds onto my tags to finish off ......


Find out all the techniques and how to create this gorgeous tag over on Tim's Blog

Well that's one job done ...... I think the rest will have to wait until tomorrow. 

Thanks for popping by today ..... enjoy the rest of your Monday.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx


4 comments:

Redanne said...

I love your take on Tim's tags Linda, they are beautiful. Your stash from Port Sunlight looks great, I spent more time chatting than buying this time! You are right though it is a great little show. Anne xx

Jenny Marples said...

Must say I love your versions Linda. Glad to see you stocked up at Port Sunlight too! Jenny x

Renee said...

Your tags turned out to be soft and beautiful, love them!

ElizabethR said...

Great to meet you too, daren't photograph my stash it may be used in evidence against me lol. Although saying that missed out on going to the NEC twice ;) Elizabeth xxx