Wednesday 12 March 2014

24 hours from Retford .....

Happy Wednesday folks,

Well the printer is printing again ...... thank goodness!  The plumber's been to look at the washing machine .... I can still use it (phew!) and the new part it needs has been ordered - yeah!!  And, it's just one more sleep before I'm off to the UK ........ whoo hoo!!!!

Before I go off on my jollies though I've got this weeks festive make for the Merry Monday Card Challenge.

I got another Honorable Mention for my Country Charm entry last week which I'm thrilled about as I was out of my comfort zone a little there ......  thank you all for your lovely comments too!

for Challenge #98

This week we have a bit of a  colour challenge ......


Hmmmm ........ brown, green and gold, with white or cream .... it made me think vintage maybe,  or a distressed look possibly.  Anyway, here's what I've come up with ......


The brown looks almost black on this picture ..... trust me, it's a nice shade of chocolate brown .... honest!  and the gold bit hasn't come up very well either (I'll put that down to bad lighting!)

I've used one of my all time favourite Christmas stamps ..... Santa Collage, and he's been stamped using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink onto some cream cardstock.  I then cut him out in the shape of a tag and inked around the edge using Tea Dye distress ink ....


His glasses have been highlighted using a Sakura Stardust Gel pen.

I created the background card by first applying some distress inks (Tea Dye & Vintage Photo) directly onto my glass cutting mat, spritzed them with water, then smooshed (technical term there) a piece of cream cardstock through the inks until it was all covered.  Left it to dry, then stamped the pretty snowflakes using Tea Dye Distress ink


The Fran-tage has been out again (to be honest..... it never gets put away!), this time I've used the Shabby White Embossing Powder, you can see there's little bits of gold in there as well as some of the chunky stuff.

The 'Merry Christmas' has been stamped using the IndigoBlu Flitter Glu then I've used the Chariot of Fire Mega Flakes  (gold) over the top .....


A pretty satin bow finishes everything off, then I've mat and layered using brown and green cardstock ..... inside and out of course .....


Well that's another one for the Christmas card box, and it's the last project to come out of the old craft room this week ..... phew!  Everything on the list is DONE!! 


I'm off now to double check my suitcase and make sure I've got everything.  Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for popping by.

Cheerio until next time ......

Linda
xx

14 comments:

Katie Melhus said...

Wow. Just wow. That bow... that tag... that background... that sentiment! I can't decide what part I like best! Your card is just lovely. So glad you're playing along this week at Merry Monday and have a wonderful trip!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Linda and so elegant. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Love that Santa image. Love how you did the background. so soft & dainty.

Bonnie said...

Like Katie says, Linda, WOW! What a beauty! Love that Santa image with his shiny glasses and brilliant to cut it as a tag! Beautiful background and bow! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Lorraine said...

I love the softness of this. And the bow is so perfect. Nicely done!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So stunning!!! I love that stamp!!!!

Deanne :)

Fabiola said...

superbe, biz

Judy1223 said...

Linda, this is such a classic, elegant Christmas card...I love the vintage feel and the perfect way you used the Merry Monday colors this week!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card and that bow is to die for! I saw you at the Merry Monday Challenge, best of luck! ~Diane

CraftyViolet said...

I love that card...awesome. Outlining the glasses was brilliant - really sets it off.

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous...this is one of my favorite Santa images, too, and that bow is to die for! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card, and you just can't go wrong with that Santa stamp! I love how you did his glasses and your background is fabulous! Great vintage card!! :0)

Sue said...

Linda, the card is gorgeous! I love that santa stamp too! I love the Shabby White embossing too! I love everything about this card. Gorgeous!!! Congrats on your HM last week, too!

Linda said...

Your card is so beautiful and elegant. Love it.