Friday 1 November 2013

Pinch and a punch ..... for the first of the month

Hi everyone,

Happy November!  Only 53 days until Christmas .......... so the countdown thingy on my blog tells me! 

Speaking of the festive season ....... if you pop over to the Creative Studios DT Blog today you'll find another of my clean and simple Christmas designs ...... here's a little sneaky peek


It's been all about cards, of one description or another, in our house this week.  There's a bit of a buzz around the island because, for the first time ever the UKIPT (UK & Ireland Poker Tour) has left the UK mainland and is visiting the Isle of Man - whoo hoo!!  And why not  ........ it is the home of Poker Stars after all.  The big event is taking place down at the Villa Marina on Douglas promenade and runs until November 4th.  The main event games have already started, with the final table being on Monday. It's all quite exciting.

the Poker Stars logo
Because my other half works for the company he's been involved in quite a few of the events going on, so I haven't really seen much of him this week.  Last night he was out meeting up with all the Pros who are on the island for the event (ok for some eh!!)  He did get my book signed for me though (finally!!) ......


Daniel Negreanu is one of my favourite players, and the scary thing is I could be playing in the same tournament as him on Saturday - eeek!!  Nervous or what?! 



Apparently I'm playing in the Poker Stars Charity Tournament, along with hubby (gulp!) and I believe there's a chance that Daniel, along with some of the other Poker Stars Pros are going to be joining in the game.
I haven't played a big tournament live for ages and if I end up on a table with one of the pros, or worse still Daniel himself, well ... that'll be me out straight away. Thanks for signing me up for this one Stephen!
No guesses at what I'll be doing this evening ...... yep! you've got it ....... practicing!

Thanks for popping by today.  Have a great weekend, and I'll see you all again soon.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda....oh sounds like you are going to be having a fab weekend....good luck and hope the cards go your way....
Lovely sneak peak ...baubilicious.....
Hugs....Jo. X

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, just had a lovely catch up from the last couple of weeks (where does the time go?)
Some gorgeous makes and Alex does look very grown up now.
Hope you had a 'good' night playing poker!
Avril xx