Saturday 30 November 2013

One of a Kind ......

Happy Saturday,

What a busy old day it's been ........ it's the last day of November and finally the last job on the list for this month has been crossed off - my tag's done for Tim's 12 Tags of 2013  (phew!)

In between tidying the house ready for the tree going up tomorrow (hopefully!), and painting my nails, doing my hair etc.  ready for this evening I've made time to settle down with the lap top and follow Tim's tutorial for this month's tag.
It's all about creating that Chalkboard look this month ........ here's Tim's tag


and here's my version ......


Not sure if my chalk effect is how it should be ....... the chalk I used was not the best quality but it was all I could find in the time I had available.  Next time I'm out and about I'm going to have a look for a better quality one and give this technique another go - it's fun!

I used the Toy Soldier from the Christmas Blueprints stamp set (CMS 135) and layered him up a little to add dimension


and I also decided to add a touch of colour into the mix too


Tag #11 all done and dusted ........ bring on December's.

We're seeing November out with a celebration ....... Stephen and I are off to a wedding do this evening which means lots of eating, drinking and dancing 'til late! ........ maybe the new pretty high heels weren't such a good idea after all. 
Here's a quick look at the card I've made for the happy couple ...






Oh well, better get my tag uploaded before I forget.  Thanks for popping by, have a lovely evening and I'll see you again soon.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

2 comments:

kassa said...

Love the toy soldier layered up and chalk - boarded - he looks fabulous and the touch of red finishes it all off perfectly xoxo
You go let your hair down tonight hunny and dance till dawn!
Great wedding card too x
Huggles

Jo Rice said...

Love your tag Linda....and the dimension that you have made...beautiful wedding card too....enjoy the event and hope you don't have a bad head tomorrow...hugs..Jo. X