Thursday 21 November 2013

IndigoBlu Challenge #10

Good morning,

Told you I'd be back!

It's the 21st of the month so that means there's a new challenge theme over at IndigoBlu.  Before I tell you what this months theme is, a big Thank You to everyone that entered last month.  We had some fabulous entries for the Chocolate Orange challenge.

Well Done to ......... Number 3, our challenge winner.   Congratulations! Stephanie Cunningham  Enjoy our prize.
Let's see if we can tempt a few more of you to join in this month.
What's the theme?  Well, very fitting for the month of November I think,  it's ..........

Lest We Forget


We'd like to see all your beautiful poppy designs. I've kept my inspiration piece quite simple.  It'a a nice large 8x8 card, not too fussy.

I stamped the IndigoBlu Wild Flowers across the centre of a piece of white cardstock using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then stamped the image again onto a seperate piece of card.  I then die cut this using a Nestabilities circle die, and layered it onto a larger one cut in red.
I then stamped one of the flower heads twice more, and cut them out.  The poppy layers were then coloured using Barn Door Distress ink, and layered using silicone glue to add a bit of dimension


The sentiment is from the IndigoBlu Poppy Meadow stamp set, one of my favourites, stamped in the centre at the bottom of the card.  I've then dotted the card randomly around the words, using Barn Door Distress Re-inker on the end of a cocktail stick




To finish off I've added some red vintage seam binding across the centre, a pretty bow and mat using more red cardstock.

Of course the inside's been finished off to match



Hope you like it, and that I've inspired you to give the challenge a go.  The rules are simple .....
- one entry per person
- it can be anything you like - a card, altered art, a home decor piece, a scrapbook page, whatever takes     your fancy 
- use IndigoBlu stamps only,
- and follow the theme.
Please link your actual post containing your challenge entry, not just your Blog, and you must also link back to the Challenge Blog in your post.  Simple!
There's another fab prize up for grabs so why not give it a go.  You have until 8pm on December 20th to get your entries in.  Good luck everyone. 

Thanks for looking

LindyLou
xx

8 comments:

Linda Page said...

Linda this is just stunning I love how its just black n white with a splash of colour xx

Jo Rice said...

Gorgeous design Linda and perfect for this time of year...love the monochromatic with just a splash of red....hope you and all your family are well,...hugs. Jo. X

Redanne said...

Love that stamp and love your beautiful poppy card too! Hugs, Anne x

Darnell said...

Lindy Lou? Is that new? I like it; I think I've always called you Linda. I'm sitting here trying to imagine how breathtaking this beautiful poppy card is IRL with it's 8x8 size, coz it sure took my breath away just looking at it on the monitor. So fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell

Almo said...

This is a beautiful card Linda, truly one of a kind. Hugs Mo x

Nonni said...

Very beautiful and elegant! This is such a fun technique!

Mac Mable said...

When I saw this, just a wee while ago it inspired me to join in your challenge. It is absolutely fabulous, perfect in every way. Loving how you also do the insides too. x Beverley x

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful card & technique. Shared