Thursday 4 April 2013

There's just not enough hours in a day!

Morning everyone,

I was hoping to do this post yesterday but somehow I never managed to get around to it.  Don't ask me what I was doing all day, goodness only knows.  But, before I knew it, hubby was walking through the door, after a long day at work, and there was I, still messing about in the craft room and no dinner on - oops! (My Domestic Goddess hat must have slipped slightly!)  To be fair I was tidying up for the day, and packing up my craft bag ready to go on a workshop.

I'd spent the afternoon transforming my Flower Twinchie.  It's now on a birthday card for a very special friend (Susan, if you're reading this, look away NOW!  You'll have to wait until next week to see it)

What do you think?  Can you spot the twinchie?  Who would have thought that a little 2inch x 2inch piece of art would make an 8inch x 8inch card.

I've used the same BoBunny paper that's on the twinchie, and some co-ordinating cardstock to make a very simple background layout.  Added a white strip across the bottom with my sentiment on - which by the way, is from the same Penny Black stamp set as the flowers (Petal Party)

I've stamped another of the flowers from the set, 3 times onto white cardstock using Versafine Inks - Imperial Purple and Deep Lagoon, cut them out and arranged them on the front of my card, with some stamped leaves.  My twinchie has been layered onto some of the blue cardstock then attached as part of the floral arrangement, using foam pads.

To finish off I've added some large gemstones to the centres of the flowers and a beautiful silk ribbon bow.
Even the inside has been decorated to match.

I probably shouldn't say this but I think spring is finally here.  Just look at the blue sky we had yesterday,
and it's pretty much the same today, with not a cloud in sight - gorgeous!  You can see there's still a bit of snow up on the hills though.

We actually drove over the mountian road yesterday evening.  There's still plenty of snow up there I can tell you, but the local authorites have certainly been busy.  They've done a brilliant job, the actual road is clear, but the snow is still very deep off to the sides.  It was like being on a cresta run in places.  A wall of snow, higher than the car, on either side of us. It was weird!

It's back to the craft room again today, busy, busy, busy!  I've a couple of things on the go - DT stuff. 
I did post on the IndigoBlu DT Blog yesterday if you fancy a look.  And I'll be back on the Creative Studios DT Blog tomorrow.  It's a hard life!!

Thanks for popping by today.  Enjoy your Thursday.

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

5 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I loved the twinchie on it's own but it looks amazing on your beautiful card - love it! Hugs, Anne x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, I am so glad tnat you are not perfect....( domestic goddess ) it really makes me feel much better....love your Twinchie and you have made a gorgeous card with it....Susan will love it....
Enjoy your Craft class....hugs...Jo. X

gardenpinks said...

Beautiful card, must put that stamp set on my wish list it is fab!
Love the flowers and background paper and the pins with the ribbon.The twinchie fits right in :)
Lynn

The Sparkly Fairy said...

What a great idea to use the twinchie this way. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

Kim Robertson said...

Dear Linda
I have just received a Leibster award on my blog, Inkykimcraft.blogspot.com. I have always admired your work since I joined the Craftwork cards DT so I would like you to be one of the 5 people I pay my award forward to. Details are all on the blog and so is the badge to collect for your post should you wish to accept it. Best wishes
Love Kim xxx