Friday 26 April 2013

Finally Taken the Plunge .....

Happy Friday evening Bloggers,

Have you had a good week?  I'm soooo looking forward to the weekend, and hopefully spending some time with all that new stash of mine.  Plus, I have a Melt Pot winging it's way across the water to me, as we speak.  So, when that arrives next week nothing's going to get done! (I've still got my Timmie tag to do - better do that before the MP arrives).

As you probably know (and just in case you don't) I'm a big fan of the lovely Hels Sheridan.  I stalk (oops) follow her blog regularly and always check out the Sunday Stampers Challenge that she hosts. I've never been brave enough to enter it though.  Well, up until now that is.  This week I've finally taken the plunge ........ I am going to enter.

This week the theme is PAPER.   I love how she chooses her themes, they're all based on song titles (clever eh!).  You know what it's like, you get a certain song in your head and that's it, it's there all day - drives me nuts!!!   For me, it used to be whatever was on the radio as I left the house, or the last track on the CD in the car.  Now it happens when hubby decides to play the keyboards.  Whatever he finishes with, you can guarantee I'll be singing, or humming it for the next few hours.    Anyway, the song that links with this weeks theme is Paper Sun.  To join in with the challenge all you have to do is create something, add in the theme along with some rubber stamping (well it is called Sunday Stampers) and use the linky thing on the Challenge post. 

I've been playing around with a technique this week that's a favourite of Hels, 'paper blocking' so I thought it fit in quite well with the challenge.

 .

It's actually my Creative Studios DT project for this week, so I hope it still qualifies.  The background has been paper blocked using the gorgeous Prima range - Engraver, and the rubber stamping part is done with Sam Poole's fab Art Houses stamp set.

I won't go into all the detail here, you can find all that over on the Creative Studios DT Blog.

Speaking of hubby and the keyboards, he's at it again.  He's just got home from work, decided to 'tinkle the ivories' and he's left me with Billy Joel - It's Still Rock and Roll To Me - thanks love!

On that note (oooh, sorry!), I'd better go and link my Challenge entry.  (Are you singing it now too?). 

Have a lovely weekend, and I'll see you all next week.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx





4 comments:

Redanne said...

Yup, I am singing it (in my head only) too! Hels' challenges are always fun to enter but I have not entered for a couple of week. Your entry is stunning, love that Prima paper and love your brilliant paper blocking. Great toppers too. Have fun with your MP when it arrives...! Hugs, Anne x

Hels Sheridan said...

ooooh Linda, this is AWESOME... LOVE your paper blocking, tis fabbylicious... and thank you for your kind words about me... bless ya! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper and hope to see you back again soon x

Jo Rice said...

Fab work as always Linda....have a good weekend and looking forward to seeing what you make with your melt pot...Jo. X

Minxy said...

Thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you, look forward to working alongside you as well xo Love this card, still not tried the paper blocking but it looks so effective x