Tuesday 4 December 2012

Time for a Twinchie

Hi there,

How is everyone?  I hope you're all keeping cosy and warm. 
Have any of you had snow yet?  We've haven't seen a single flake, but it's a bit on the chilly side though.

Things in the old craft room are still not going smoothly.  Minor panic yesterday when a project I was working on just wouldn't do what I wanted it to.  Stephen came home at lunch time, poor thing, and got the full force of a major rant.  Everything went in the bin, I told him to close the craft room door, I was never going in there again, and he could sell the (bleeping!) lot of it!!!
He was very good.   He gave me a cuddle, told me to walk away and take a break, and not to sell any craft stuff just yet!

I did go back in there later on, started everything again and by the time Stephen came home I was back on track.  So, no huge craft sale just yet.

It's Twinchie time again, don't they soon come around.
It's challenge #11 and the theme is ......
Traditional Christmas Colours 

I must admit I love red and green on Christmas cards, it always looks festive. I do use other colour combinations, but there always has to be at least one of my Christmas designs done in the traditional colourway - call me old fashioned.  

There's some fab inspiration from the Design team over on the Twinchie Challenge Blog.

And here's what I came up with .......

...... a little bunch of mistletoe (mwah!)

The stamp's from an Inkadinkadoo clear set, which I've stamped using a green Versafine ink, then coloured with a Copic pen.  The berries have been highlighted with Liquid Pearls, and a pretty red satin ribbon finishes it all off.  I've mat it onto some red cardstock and added a touch of glitter around the edge.  Twinchie done! 

It's going to go on a card later, so you'll see it again soon.  It's perfect for another Blog Challenge, and as time is a luxury I don't seem to have at the moment, 2 for 1 sounds good to me.

Well, that's me done for today. 
I'm going to try and catch up with all your blogs tonight.  I feel like I've missed so many posts recently, and I do like to see what everyone's up to.

Have a lovely evening.

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

10 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Lovely rich red and green and fab stamping. xx Flora

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fabulous image and details.xxx

Darnell said...

A totally adorable little twinchie, Linda! I know you will have struck a nerve with any crafter who reads this post as we've all had temper tantrums and wanted to walk away forever when we have a devil of a time getting our creations to "work." I'm so happy that you settled down and went back, and that your sweet hubs knew JUST what to do!

Jo Rice said...

Great Twinchie Linda, and I bet it makes a great card too. We haven't had any snow yet , but it is cold....you know I don't like to be cold!!!!!
If you have another bad day, just remember me when you sell your craft stash!!!!!. Lol...glad you had a better afternoon. X

Zoe said...

What a superb little twinchie so crisp and elegant, thank you for playing along, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxxx

GinaA said...

Simply stunning. Your bow is perfect and the mistletoe looks gorgeous .

Henny said...

Great twinchie, I love the idea with the mistletoe,

Sylvia said...

Super twinchie, love the mistletoe stamp and the way you have used it to make a card. Just popping by to thank you for your lovely comment this week on my "Red & Green Bauble" post.

Sylv x

Barbara said...

I just LOVE this twinchie....it's so crisp and clean, but soft and beautiful at the same time. Thank you for joining us this fortnight.
Barbara xx

Barbara said...

Ps....glad you got your mo-jo back, LOL xx