Saturday 1 December 2012

Just in the nick of time!

Hi everyone,

Phew!  Now I can relax, well once this post is done that is.
Talk about being on the last minute.  November is almost over with (UK time). Thank goodness there's still a little over 8 hours to go before the deadline for posting this month's Timmie Tag.
12 Tags of 2012
November's tag has an Autumnal look, with a mix of all those fabulous shades we get as the leaves change colour.
This is Tim's tag .........
.......  look at all those vibrant colours, and how striking is the black.

Here's my version ........
Not quite as dramatic as Tim's, but hey I'm rapidly running out of time.  I just hope these colours look ok in the daylight, I'm not used to crafting in my room in the evening.  I really need a new daylight lamp, maybe Santa Claus will bring me one - I've been really good this year.

As usual I didn't have all the products that Tim used.  Mainly the colours of stains, (that's something else to put on my shopping list).
I love this technique though, using embossing ink to stamp with, and then clear embossing powder over the top.  Once all the colour has been applied to the tag, you then cover with some paper and iron over the stamped design to melt the embossing again and remove it, leaving a permanent resist behind - very clever.

The colours I've used are all Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, Rusty Hinge, Brushed Corduroy, and I added a touch of Aged Mahogany.
I used my new Clarity Maple Leaves stamps, that I bought from the NEC.   The  lovely sentiment also comes in the set.  The Honeycomb background is by Indigo Blu.

I used the Autumn Gatherings die  to cut my leaves etc., and then arranged them on my tag. The Glossy Accents wasn't quite dry when I took the picture, I can see it's still a little cloudy!
The tag was finished off with some vintage seam binding, cotton string and a Muse Token.
It was a bit of a rush job, but I wasn't going to miss doing one. 
Can't wait to see December's challenge.

Oh no I've just noticed that it's midnight, better get a move on and get this posted on Tim's site.

Happy December 1st.  just 24 days until Christmas.  I'd better make a start on some Christmas cards I think.

Cherrio for now.

Linda
x

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I love your take on Tim's tag, the colours are amazing and the little embossed leaves show up so well. The Autumn gathering of leaves are really beautiful. Well done for getting it done too. BTW, saw your fabulous post over at CE - you really must enter itin at Simon Says Stamp and Show, it fits their theme perfectly! Hugs, Anne x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, Well Done, you got your tag made and it is stunning. The colours are fab. Have a good weekend and catch you next week. X