Thursday 20 December 2012

It's oh so quiet ......

Hi everyone,

Well, that's our early family Christmas over with.  Lauren and Alex flew back to the UK this afternoon.  I'm missing them already.  The house seems really quiet without the little man shouting 'Grandma' every two minutes.
We've had a lovely few days with them though.  A real family Christmas!

We took him to the Kids Christmas Party on Sunday, organised by Stephen's works.  It was lovely.  Santa popped in for a while, along with one of his little helpers.  He had his list with him too, no doubt it had been checked twice!  It had all the childrens names, a photo and whether they'd been Naughty or Nice.
Alex was most impressed to find that he was in there.

This list was something that Santa asked me to make for him last year, and the kids loved it so much we updated it again this year ........
Santa Claus is coming to town .......

he's makin' a list, and checkin' it twice ......

he's gonna find out who's naughty or nice





After Santa Claus, decorating cupcakes - twice!, magicians, fake snow and polar bears, there was the face painting .......
Alex wanted to be green, his mum suggested a lion, so ...... we got a green lion, with sparkles too.  I can't believe how still he sat whilest the lady did this.

We've played Christmas carols with Grandad ........
Done our own little solo spot ......
Opened presents everyday ..........



Had Christmas dinner, number one .........
Then opened even more presents ........
Oh no!  It's a Gruffalo ......
Overall we've had a busy few days.

I haven't been able to spend much time in the old craft room but I did make these ........
Can't leave the reindeer out now can we. 
Alex took them home with him - one for him and one for his little friend Abbi, to sprinkle on Christmas Eve.  Sooo cute!!

I'm home alone this evening. Stephen is out on his office Christmas Do, so that means he won't be back until the early hours - probably full of Christmas spirits (oh joy!).

Well, I've got a nice glass of red waiting for me now, so I'm off to put my feet up and catch up with this weeks soaps.

Enjoy your evening, and I'll see you all again soon.

Christmas Hugs
Linda
x

3 comments:

Darnell said...

That was a lovely visit, Linda! Your little Alex is a doll! With Stephen off this evening, I can imagine how the house seems terribly quiet. Glad you had a happy early Christmas and I wish you all the best in the New Year!! Darnell

Jules said...

Hi Linda

It looks like you had a really special time with your Grandchildren.

I love the photograph of Alex with Santa.

Hope your Christmas Mark II is just as happy as number 1.

Love Jules xx

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, so glad that you had a lovely family Christmas. Your photos are brilliant and I love to see them. Alex is so o o cute. Hugs back. X