Sunday 23 December 2012

Here Comes Santa Claus ............

Happy Sunday everyone,

Only 2 more sleeps until the BIG day.  I don't know what I'm getting excited about, we've done it all over here.
I suppose there might be a little something under the tree for me on Christmas Day, who knows. 

I finished off the last of my Christmas cards, finally.  Poor Christopher has had to wait to get his festive creation from good old Mum! (he still hasn't actually got it yet ........ I'm going to put it under the tree for him with a little something inside)

Here it is ......
Ho! Ho! Ho!
I bought the sentiment stamp ages ago.  It's perfect, I always buy him socks and underwear (along with a load of other stuff!) - that's what Mum's do isn't it.  They're usually funny ones though - this year here's got 'Where's Wally?' (he won't be impressed that I've put that on here - at least I didn't put a picture though.  I did think about it - hee hee!)

The stamp's by Stampendous and I just couldn't resist it.  I've teamed it up with one of my all time favourite Christmas stamps - Santa Collage by Rubber Stampede (not sure if it's still available - I've had mine forever).  The word 'Believe' is from the new SU set 'Snowflake Soiree'
As time was running out I've kept the design quite simple, just some matting and layering with festive coloured papers, and added a bit of sparkle with some of the SU Glitter paper in the champagne.  I love this stuff as it doesn't shed when you cut it, and it's sooo sparkley. (I have it in every colour!)

The inside has been decorated to match ......
....... with one of the new Hero Arts Christmas sentiments, and, I had to put some socks in there too!

Well that just leaves me one more crafty job to do before I close the old craft room door for the Christmas break .......  my Timmie Tags. 
Yes, I still haven't got around to doing them yet.  There's 2 this time too - eeek!
Everything's ready to go, it's just a case of making the time to sit down and do them.  Hopefully I'll get in there later.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today.  Enjoy your Sunday.

Cheerio for now

Linda
x

3 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful...love the image and great papers.xxx

Redanne said...

Love your Son's card Linda and that Santa sentiment is so funny..... and so true! Your second card is lovely too, love the sentiment again - wanted those stamps but did not get round to buying them. A really lovely CAS card. Hope you get your Tim Tags finished and that you enjoy your second Christmas day too. Hugs, Anne x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, your card for Christopher is brilliant and you are so right about the socks and underpants.....good luck with your tags and enjoy your Sunday. Hugs. X