Thursday 13 December 2012

Helloooooo!!!

Good morning everyone,

Yes, I'm still here.  I'm slowly disappearing under a pile of Christmas cards, presents, wrapping paper and lots of glitter!!!  The 'Christmas To Do' list is getting longer and longer and the hours in a day are getting shorter and shorter.  And to top all that I'm having computer problems. Great!!  Don't you just love this time of year.

My fabulous Tech Support (aka the other half) worked his magic last night and got my laptop running again - yeah!!  Guess what I'll be asking Santa for this year.

I can't believe it's nearly a week since I've blogged.
We had the Christmas Do last weekend.  What a good night that was.  It was James Bond themed, and they were all there, from Sean Connery to Daniel Craig - swoon! (Not the real ones of course, but pretty close).
We were entertained by a star studded line-up -  Michael Buble, Shirley Bassey, Freddy Mercury, Boy George, Adam Ant and Madonna!  Wow!!!   And no hangover on Sunday which was a real bonus.

Christmas cards have been the main task this week, I thought it was time I made a start.
I've squeezed in a couple of blog challenges too.

First up is Less is More

It's week 97, and it's that good old favourite One Layer Week.  The theme is ......

IN A ROW
 Here's what I've come up with .....
I haven't used these little cuties for ages and I just love how this has turned out.
The stamps are by JudiKins and were among the first rubber stamps that I bought.  I think they're called Praying Angel and Peeking Angel - the peeking one is definitely me, my halo's always slipping!!

I stamped the angels in black Versafine ink, using my stamp positioner to make sure they all ended up in a line. I dry embossed a single line underneath them and then stamped my sentiment.  I used the Indigo Blu Mega flakes in Chariot of Fire on the sentiment and also to highlight the halos
A touch of fine crystal glitter adds sparkle to their wings.  So cute!

Well, I'd better be off.   Still lots to do.  Christmas cards to write and get in the post.  Presents still to buy and then wrap. Decorations still to put up.  At least the trees are done now.  The one in the hall went up on Sunday .......
I think it needs a little more on it, maybe I'll see what I can find in town.

Lauren and Alex arrive on Friday (oh no! that's tomorrow).  As they won't be here on the 25th we're having Christmas Day a week early, so I've got all that to shop for.  At least it's late night shopping tonight.

Have a lovely day.  Keep warm and cosy.

See you all later.

Linda
x

Oooh!  Almost forgot.  There's another fabulous Christmas Giveaway over on the Indigo Blu Blog  Pop over and leave your name to be in with a chance of winning the fabulous Bare Forest rubber stamp.  
My latest DT post is on there too.

7 comments:

oldpunca said...

What a sweet little angels :-) Love it. Sonja

Jen Nelson said...

these angels are fab linda

Thanks for joining us

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, the angel card is so sweet, I remember those stamps when they first came out, they are so perfect for your LIM card. Your tree looks fabulous. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family and your early Christmas festivities. Hugs, Anne x

Anne said...

Oh how cute, love that peeking angel!

Anne said...

Oh how cute that peeking angel is! Love those gold halos too

Chrissie said...

Sweet card and lovely tree!
I love the little angels!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

So cute. Your little angels are fab. x