Friday 7 December 2012

At last!

Happy Friday everyone!

I had quite a productive day yesterday, even if I did get soaked to the skin whilst in town.

I posted my first lot of Christmas cards, after taking out a small mortgage to cover the postage costs.  I really should think about these things when I'm making the cards - no big bows, no metal embellies, NO foam pads.  Ah well, at least it's only once a year, and the cards were pretty!!!  Friends and family are worth it.

I did some Christmas shopping, stocking stuffers this time.  I also bought some more Christmas decorations to fill the spaces on the tree.  You know how it is, the tree looks perfect as that last bauble goes on.  Then over the next few days as you sit and look at it, you spot the odd gap here and there.  Well, I've no gaps now and I'm happy with the tree again.

My search for the perfect under garment for my evening dress went better than I thought.  I found something suitable without too much trouble.  Cost me a small fortune but at least it holds it all in, pushes it up where it should and, I can still breathe, which is a bonus!

I also got around to making my first family Christmas card - yeah!!!
I must confess I did have a bit of help.  I fell in love with this stamp a while ago when I saw it on Kath Stewart's fabulous Blog. I decided then I just had to have it and use it for my family cards this year. It's from Stampendous and it's called 'Snowy Postcard' 

My inspiration came from Kath herself, check out what she did with it here, a stunning card as always.  And another of my blog friends, the lovely Avril over at Mrs B's Blog.  Take a look at her version here.  Again, another stunning design.
Thank you so much ladies, I hope you don't mind.

And here it is ......... my version 

I just have to make another 6 now.
All the background layers are done though, and each one is slightly different.  I just need to Fran-tage them, do the extra layer, and put them all together.
I love the how the Fran-tage gives a nice snowy look to the scene, I've added a  touch of glitter to the rooftops too
I decided it would be quicker to add some die-cut holly leaves to the frame instead of colouring in and cutting out the ones that are there .......
........ so I used the Festive Greenery die from Tim Holtz and added some red gems for the berries.
A big satin bow adds the finishing touch.

The inside has been done too .......
As I said, 6 more to do then it's another trip to the Post Office.  That's my weekend sorted then.  Or maybe not.  It's the Christmas Do tomorrow night - lots of festive spirit.  Which probably means I'll be a little delicate, shall we say on Sunday.  Ah well, it's Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Have a lovely weekend.  And if you get any of the snow that I keep seeing being forecast over in the UK, keep cosy and warm.

See you next week
Crafty hugs
Linda
x 

PS    Oooh,  I almost forgot.  As it's Friday it's my day to post on the Creative Studios DT Blog.  Here's a sneaky peek of this weeks project ........
some quick and easy Christmas cards.  To see them in full you'll have to pop over there and take a look.  Cheers!  xx

8 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I too was inspired by Kath and bought that stamp too and made at least half of my Christmas cards with it. I love yours and how you have added the holly and adding the bow is a lovely touch. Will have a look over at CE for your post. Hugs, Anne x

Darnell said...

Oh, my knees and whiskers, Linda, your cards are not cards, they are gifts in and of themselves!! Amazing!

And do tell the brand of cinch-up you decided on, please. There are so darn many of them out there!

Greta said...

I see why you wanted that stamp! Love what you did with it--have to add it to my wishlist! By the way--maybe the post office will be able to stay in business after-all--I'm spending a fortune on postage, too--LOL!

Linda said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Darnell, I think Mr Mojo is finally on his way back (about time!)

So many 'hold it all in' things out there, all promising to give you the figure you never had! I just went to my trusty M&S. I buy all my Bridgets (big pants) from there, never been disappointed yet. I'll let you know how I get on at the party!xxx

avril said...

Hi Linda, greetings from Sharm in Eygpt. Love the addition of the diecuts to your card, adds anoher dimension. Thanks for the mention.
Avril

Sue said...

What a beautiful card Linda, and it's gorgeous on the inside too. I have this stamp too and can see it coming out for many years to come. Sue x

Aileen said...

Very pretty. Love the traditional look. x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, A great card, love the addition of the diecuts,
and thanks for the mention.
Avril xx