Saturday 6 October 2012

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

Morning everyone,

Just a quick post from me tody. I have to be at the airport shortly to pick up my daughter and that gorgeous Grandson of mine.

It's WORLD CARDMAKING DAY (whoo hoo!) and to celebrate there's a competition starting today, running all week until the 12th October, over on the Craftwork Cards Blog

CANDI 4 CANDY
 CANDY 4 CANDI

All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is pop over to the Blog, and become a follower, if
you're not already. Then leave a comment EVERYDAY, until the 12th, using the magic word CANDI. 
The prize is fabulous, you won't want to miss out ........  it's a whole lot of Candi gorgeousness, and all the extras that go with it -  worth over £100!  (Wow!)
So go on, pop over there and start leaving your comments.  The DT will be posting everyday so there'll be something new to see and lots of inspiration on how to use your Candi and all the other great CWC products.  I've a post already to go, not sure what day it's going to be on there though, you'll just have to keep checking.

I'm afraid I won't be cardmaking today, going to have my hands full I think.  I was busy yesterday though, but I can't share it with you just yet.  I made a Wedding Anniversary card for one of hubby's work colleagues to give to his wife.  It's their 1st anniversary so I wanted to make something special. - where did that year go!
I like it, just have to wait and see if he does (fingers crossed!)
Here's something I can share though .........  it's a bit of a blast from the past, about this time last year.  I don't think it's been on the Blog before, apologies if it has.
It was for a very special friends birthday.  Made using some of my favourite Hero Arts stamps, I love that large ruffled flower.  I've paper pieced the petals to match the background and layered it up.  You can see I've also used the lovely foliage stamp behind to add a bit of depth, and it's all finished off with a beautiful large silk ribbon bow.
Well, that's me done. Sorry it's a bit short and sweet, but I can't go to the airport in my PJ's so I'd better get a move on.  
If you're off to the GNPE in Harrogate today, enjoy!  If not make the most of World Cardmaking Day.
Have a great weekend, and I'll see you all again soon.
Thanks for looking
Linda
x

3 comments:

Redanne said...

Another beautiful card Linda, love that flower and the colours are gorgeous. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Kathleen said...

Really beautiful card, love the colours and the flower.

Kath x

Mrs.B said...

Another gorgeous card. The flower looks lovely and a great colour.
Avril xx