Wednesday 29 August 2012

Hi Honey, I'm home!!

Hello folks,

Yes I'm back from my crafty week away.  Have you missed me?
Sorry I didn't get chance to blog while I was away, I was just so busy you wouldn't believe.  My friend Susan says that when I'm over in the UK it's like being on roller skates - we never stop.  And this trip was no different.  I had a great time, hardly slept but hey, who needs sleep when you can craft!!

We were actually home on Monday evening, after a bit of a lumpy crossing.  Stephen and I were fine, Christopher suffered a little, but we got home safely.
Yesterday was spent unpacking, washing and ironing and just generally getting back into the swing of the things.
My main job was finding a home for this lot ......
I brought quite a bit of new stash home with me (I did say I was doing a stock up!)  In fact it was touch and go as to whether it would all fit in the car, along with the luggage (lol!)  Managed it though (good job we have a big car!!)
I think I got a bit of everything.  Stamps, inks, paint, PanPastels, cardstock, lots of wooden stuff to alter.  You name it and it's there. Lots to keep me busy. 
There's also new Indigo Blu Stamps in there (ooh!)  More on that later.

Over the next few days I'll fill you in on all the details of what I got up to last week, but first I must get my Tag done for 12 Tags of 2012  before the Friday deadline. Where has August gone!
This is the inspiration Tim Holtz gave us for this month  ........
I love it, I think it's so pretty. 
This is my version, nothing like Tim's at all, but then again they never are.
What do you think ............
As usual, I didn't have all the stash that he'd used, so off I went to search through my boxes to see what I could find.  It's always fun trying to find something to use to get the same effect.  I always manage to come across things I'd forgotten I had.
I don't really have any silhouette stamps, no cameos anyway. But, I came across this little guy who's been sat in my collection for ever.  I think he was one of the first rubber stamps that I bought all those years ago.  It's called 'Magic of You' and it's from Rubber Stampede.
Now I didn't have the embossing folder with the frame so I had to emboss the whole of the tag first, and stamp my image onto a seperate piece of card, which was then layered onto a Nestie Labels die to give the look of a frame.
The colours I've used are the same as Tim's, although mine are much paler.  I've added a little bit of pink into the mix too.
The flowers and foliage are from the Tattered PineCone die and I used the Autumn Gatherings and the Tattered Flower Garland dies to add the leaves and twigs.
I kept to the same little trinkets and the chit chat words, but added a couple of hat pins into the flowers.
It's a little bit rushed but I like the way it turned out.  Just need to get it uploaded now.

Well that's job number one crossed off my rather long 'To Do' list.  At least I've made a start.
It's nice to be back, and I'm looking forward to sharing with you some of the fun I had across in the UK.

Thanks for popping by.  Have a lovely afternoon, and I hope the sun is shining where you are.

Bye for now

Linda
x

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Goodness me Linda, you are even worse than me! lol. It's a good job you don't have to go through customs.....lovely things though, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Tim's tags are always a challenge, I find, but that is what makes them so much fun to do. Love yours, the little fairy is gorgeous.

Crafty hugs, Anne x

G Peplow said...

Hi There, I'm glad you had a good time!! It's great to get away sometimes:0) Your tag is smashing , you've captured TH's essence with yours and it's just as pretty, Gay xxx

Sarah said...

Fabulous tag Linda. Love all the details and textures. Going to pop over and have a look at Tim's tag now.

Sarah x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, I think your tag is fab and loved the back story about the stamp...it was so good to meet you last week and do hope we can craft together again soon...love the photo of your stash....have you any space left in your craft room?...hugs. X

Winnie said...

I am so glad you used one of your first stamps to make it. Very cool! Love the background and your amazing floral spray.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, just catching up!
Wow! you did buy a lot of goodies.
Love your tag, I just ran out of time last month.
Avril xx