Wednesday 4 July 2012

Less is More Challenge

Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to say Hello and Welcome my new followers who have joined me this week.  I love getting new visitors and I can't wait to repay the compliment and visit you too.

I've finally managed to spend some time in the craft room and actually make something.  It's my entry for this weeks Less is More challenge.
It's a special one this week - Lucky Dip and we have a Guest Designer, Kim.
The challenge is .....
           to use the LIM header as our inspiration.


 Check out what Chrissie, Mandi and Kim have already come up with here

And this is mine .......

The layout is similar, nearly the same colour scheme, and I've tried to use all the elements - music, flourishes, roses and a frame.
The stamps I used for the background were from Hero Arts - the Music Background along with the Fabulous Flourish.  Both just stamped in Onyx Black Versafine.  I decided to make the frame look like it was a picture hanging off the flourish.  The word 'Dream' is from a Kaisercraft clear set of stamps called Life Sentiments, again just stamped in black. The edges were inked with a little bit of Tea Dye Distress Ink and then mat and layered on black and brown cardstock.  I've used a  piece of embroidery thread  to 'hang' it with.
The little side panel is stamped with part of a Tim Holtz stamp called 'Tattoo You', then distressed around the edges.
I added some paper roses from my stash, and a few punched leaves just to finish it all off.
Not sure if I'm 100% happy with it.  You know how it is, it's not turned out exactly as I imagined but hey, time's running out so it will have to do.  Let me know what you think.

I've been rummaging through my stash this afternoon trying to get things together to do Tim's Tag for July.  As per usual I haven't got all the stuff, especially the can of compressed air!?!  Oh well, guess I'd better get the straws out and be prepared to huff and puff a little.  It could take a while!!  I'll keep you posted on that one.

It's been raining most of the day but it finally looks as if it may be brightening up a little. Skies are clearing which is good news.  It's the start of our long Bank Holiday weekend here on the Isle of Man, so a little bit of sunshine would be most welcome.  Hope it's nice where you are.  Enjoy your evening.

Bye for now

Linda
x

16 comments:

Diane said...

What a fantastic layout, absolutely beautiful and brilliant CAS, love it.
Have a lovely bank hol, fingers crossed for nice weather for you.

Bonnie said...

Linda, I love the picture hanging from the flourish and those flowers are sweet!

Kim S said...

What lovely layers!! I can't believe it's so beautiful using a set called "Tattoo You" but it really works!! The flowers are a lovely embellishment.

Mandi said...

WOW Linda, this is completely stunning!
Lovely, lovely card

Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Stempelomi said...

great card Linda! I love the details!

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful card. I love the little flowers. Have a lovely long weekend. Thanks for visiting my blog. Gez.

Suzi B said...

Hi Linda, a beautiful card , love the flowers!
suzi b :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's very beautiful!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Carole Campanile said...

Beautiful. Every element of the card perfect. I especially like the hanging frame sentiment.

TFS
Carole

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful, love your take on the inspiration. Wooszer. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs

Greta said...

Wow--gorgeous creation & including everything in the header--just love it!

Kimberley said...

Simply beautiful Linda - love it.

kassa said...

Really elegant and stylish card Linda!! Love it!!
Kxoxo

GinaA said...

A super card, love your design. Congratulations on being showcased at LIM

Viv said...

Gorgeous card, I missed it earlier, well done on being showcased too :) Viv xx

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Linda, on being showcased for your amazing take on the challenge. Well-deserved!