Friday 27 April 2012

A new challenge for me

Happy Friday everyone,

It doesn't seem five minutes since I said that last week!
It's another glorious day here on the Isle of Man.  The sun is shining even if it is still a little chilly out there.  Hope we get another nice weekend.  No doubt we'll be out and about at some point. Stephen will want to take his new toy out for a spin.  He's just bought his first 4x4, and he'll want to put it through it's paces (great!).  I suppose I'm going to have to drive it at some point, not looking forward to that. I don't really like driving that much and I'm certainly not used to driving something that big. Ah well, it's not a brand new one so it won't be that much of a disaster if I bump it!  It's going to be a challenge for me I can tell you.

Speaking of challenges, I'm entering a new one this week.  It's the Penny Black Saturday Challenge http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/   I have loads of Penny Black stamps and I must say I haven't used them for ages. I was catching up with one of the Blogs that I follow and saw it, so thought I would give it a go.  It's a good excuse to use some well loved stamps.

This weeks challenge is NO PATTERNED PAPER.  The only rule is that you use at least one Penny Black image, large sentiment or stickeroo. Not a problem - I love Penny Black stamps, especially the cute images, and the one I've used this week is one of my favourties (however, I do have rather a lot of those!)
This is the card I came up with ........
no patterned paper
As you can see, I haven't used patterned paper, but I did make my own background, using another favourite PB stamp.  The little flower cluster was stamped with Versamark, randomly around the edges of the red and the black layers and then clear embossing powder was added over the over the top.
I wanted to use red card to bring out the little ladybug, and along with the black and white it's one of my favourite colour combos.
The sentiment is from a PB clear set of stamps, and was just stamped onto white card and then I added a fancy punched border to co-ordinate with the nestie that I'd used to mat my main image onto.
The cute hedgehog was coloured using Copic pens, and the clouds were added to the background using Distress ink.
To finish it off I added a few paper roses and a ribbon bow, and covered the ladybug with Glossy Accents to give her a nice shine. I also doodled faux stitches around each of the layers with fine black and white pens.
I love this little ladybug




Products used ....
Penny Black stamps   Garden Gossip (1448F)
                                  clique (3858E)
                                  salutations (clear set) (30-014)
Copic pens
Black, Red and White cardstock
White pearlescent 8x8 cardblank
Black Versafine ink
Clear embossing powder
Stormy Sky distress ink
Paper flowers
Ribbon
Glossy Accents


Thank you for popping by. 

Linda
x

4 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi Linda, gorgeous card, love the red, white and black - very striking,

Liz x

Kath Stewart said...

such a sweet card linda..thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Hi Linda, This is so cute.
Sue x

Beth said...

Ooh I love the backing paper you've made, the glossiness especially! Thanks for playing along with the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

Love Beth xx