Sunday 12 February 2012

Tagged!!

Hi everyone,

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  As promised, although a day late, here's my latest Tag. There's a matching card too, so all I need now is someone special with a birthday!


I've used the Stampin Up! Spice Cake papers again, and one of my favourite SU stamp sets 'Vintage Vogue'. This is a beautiful set of stamps that can be used for so many occasions, well worth purchasing.

 The good thing about decorating Tags is that you can make use of all those little bits of paper and card that are left over from previous projects. So don't throw anything away!  I've used lots of cut off pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock to stamp the flowers on and also the background panels.  I used Versafine Vintage Sepia and SU More Mustard inks. I don't normally go for mustard colours but I ordered this one as it co-ordinates with the Designer Papers and I love it.

 

 The back of the Tag was decorated too, with a space left to put a message.







My addiction for tags started last Christmas.  These are a few that went onto gifts for family and friends.  Hope you like them.

No doubt you're thinking I have too much time on my hands - you're probably right, but I really loved making these, more than doing my Christmas cards I think.  Each one was different, some only slightly, but they were different. I used a variety of Christmas stamps, a lot of Tim Holtz distress inks, the Reindeer Alterations die, the new Poinsettia die from Nestabilities, lots of ribbon, gems and of course glitter.  They were so much fun to do, and it was all worth it as everyone loved them.


I decorated all the backs with scrapbooking papers. The names were all die cut and I left space  to write a personal message.



 
 














 This was for Alex, my Grandson.  The stamp is from Magnolia, coloured with Copic pens.  The name on the back was cut on the Cricut machine using the 'Storybook' cartridge.


It's weird showing Christmas stuff in February, but hey, they're tags.

Well it's off to tidy up my desk now, to make way for the next project.  My daughter's asked me to make her a card.  It's her friends little girl's birthday in March and she wants something special for her, something Princess themed.  I feel a Cricut day coming on - ooh fun!!  I'll let you see what I come up with.

Bye for now
Linda
x
     

No comments: